Friday, November 10, 2023

Dead end?

Sometimes certain behaviors of my father
Makes me sad and worried
Sometimes he can't see the actual problem
Or even if he does, he won't care
Or maybe he experienced the same thing with his father
He sees himself in me and
He knows that it is not worth the effort to talk to me
To explain why I am wrong and he is right

I just want him to logically explain why he is right
Instead i hear "Okay, I'm tired. You are right, yeah, you are right. 
Can we close this conversation?"
This would make me mad before but
Now it only makes me sad

I can explain what happened this evening as an example
I think that they are taking too much care of my brother
While I do my own stuff all by myself
I did not say this because I want them to help me too
I just want them to let my brother be more independent 

This morning, my brother couldn't wake up (again) 
My dad doesn't know that I at least two times a week wake him up though
This morning, I couldn't wake up myself
So my dad did my job
My brother woke up because of my dad
While my dad did not wake me up, and I am glad he did not!
I learned my lesson, and I will wake up next time... 
or go to sleep earlier etc. etc...
But my brother won't learn these lessons now
And I am most certainly afraid he will
After in his life

In the evening I said, to my father "you should let him be, 
let him learn how to manage his sleep"
But my father said "should I let him be late for school?
This is idiotic, I can't just let him be!!!"...
"He doesn't do this often anyways." He said.
"He wakes up all by himself. Normally..."
I said "but he won't learn untill he makes a mistake!!"
He said "I am just helping him! This is necessary, 
just close the conversation already, 
I am getting pissed again!!!"
A new emotion in me appeared
I felt pity for my father.
I actually didn't feel this for my father before.
I just got sad
He said "you are exaggerating this situation. 
This is not a crisis."

He was right, it was not a crisis.
He was right, he CAN NOT let my brother sleep, 
because he is my brothers dad and
It would be cruel and careless of him 
If he wouldn't wake my brother up
My brother would think that my dad is a careless man
Even I CANNOT LET MY BROTHER SLEEP

And if my dad would talk to my brother about this
They would argue
They would fight very VERY loudly (happened)
So that explains why my dad 
began shouting to me this evening
He's got angry issues
My brother got it too
I thought that I had it too
But actually years changed me

Now I am calm when my father is very angry
I can talk calmly, and this makes him even angrier,
He starts jumping around, shouting loudly 
And then throwing random shit to the ground
It was a headset one time, or his phone
Maybe just a pen or a glass on the table

He was always like this, but he is better now
I remember that we was angrier ten years ago
Anyways, I guess he knows what he is doing
He is living his own damn life, with anger issues
I am STARTING to draw my red flags and
Starting to want a calm life with no anger issues...
I like discussing topics but this!
I do not accept this in my life, NOPE!!

He doesn't respect me or my thoughts
It is not like this all the time though
More often when he is hungry and tired
(He is hungry because he has to get this job done before eating,
or he has to do this job before letting himself relax)

Sometimes he is totally in a normal mood, 
but doesn't like my thoughts when I talk
Then he won't respect my thoughts again
He just says "no, you are wrong,
And I don't want to talk about this. Just stop."
I really don't know what is bothering him
It's obvious that there are taboos in our house
Some things that we don't talk about

Like when my mom is afraid to make him angry
So she stays quiet instead of telling her thoughts about a topic
But I understand it, and say it out loud
Then she looks at me with worried eyes
Her eyes say 'shhhh stay quiet"
And probably my dad gets mad at both of us

I don't want those taboos
I want communication
Because good communication leads to good conversations
Good conversations leads to good connections
And good connections lead to a better bonding

But if he won't listen about 
What is bothering me or my mom
Without getting angry
Then surely my mom will smoke
She will stay silent and smoke 
untill she feels her lungs hurt

Then surely I will answer calmly
And ask him "why?....."
And he will not be able to escape it
And respond with a "stop talking, or I can get angry"
He is smart and funny, he is very wise
But sometimes...
I feel like I don't even know him
We don't really communicate 
About the topics that matter the most

Let it be like this then
I will be leaving next year anyways
Then he will see that he has to wake my brother up
Almost every day
Because I already helped him every week
Just like him
I am just like him
He will understand this
But later
Now I just need to wait

For him, I will understand him
When I get a child
I totally agree with him though
I will understand him, I do understand now too
It is not easy ta have a rebel daughter
I love empathy
But he
He has a lack of empathy for me
Maybe it is hard for him to be empathetic 
Again, I don't really know because
He doesn't want to communicate...

This all feels like a dead end....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Min amethyststein

Du er som en amethyststein Folk tror du er bare en vanlig stein Men hvis de kan finne  det som er inn i steinen, Det som er inn i deg Det sk...