Wednesday, April 5, 2023

I'm Tangled

I know that holidays are for having a little break. 

RIGHT?

You should have a break from life... 

or at least get a rest or something.

NOPE, not ME!

I am destined to be bothered.

Not that I don't like to be bothered

I like to be bothered, to be honest.

I love that my friends call me, or ask me if I wanna hang out.

I love that my loved ones wanna spend time with me.

I especially love the time I spend with my special one...


BUT;


My body is tired.

My brain is tired.

My physical health is weird.

My mental health is weirder.

I just can't handle "everything", 

all at the same time.

Let me explain what "everything" means


It means; 


Even if someone dies or is injured at work,

I will work, so I have to be prepared to be there and be strong.

Even if I am in a whole different state in my life,

I will get at least a message from a friend, so I have to answer it nicely and be aware of the state of life that person is in right now.

Even if there are children in Turkey waiting for a new home after the earthquake.

I will see my friends, so I will smile and have fun.

Even if I told them what is going on in my brain would make my parents go crazy,

I will talk to my parents, so I have to pretend I am okay and don't make them worry about me.

Even if my teachers say it is a holiday and we must get a little break from school,

I will do homework until I fall asleep and try to learn new things all the time.

Even if my old friend from Turkey won't remember me or care about me anymore,

I will think for at least one minute about her and grieve because I miss her and our good times.

Even if I know my grandmother doesn't remember the things I say after every video chat,

I will talk to her with a smile on my mouth, and cry silently in my bed after that.

Even if I will get tired and use some money that I would choose not to use normally,

I will buy things and drive with my friends because I love them.

Even if it will make me sadder and angrier,

I will think about Turkey and the worldwide political situation.

Even if it will hurt me,

I will think.

Even if...i will not think,

I will hurt me. 


Now you know, 

What i think 

ALL THE TIME

No kidding

No lying

I think others,

I think others,

I think others,

I think me,

I think I need time,

But I don't have enough.

I will never have enough time.

I think I need to be understood,

I need people who understand me.

I think maybe I need to spend time with people who understand me,

Instead of spending time with people who always talk about their problems.


Your problems are my problems,

YES, I am smart and can solve your problems.

You discovered it, Bravo!

But I am not a doll,

I am not a robot,

I am human,

I breathe, 

I live,

I see,

I understand. 

I am not a problem-solving machine.

I wish you did not need to ask me to solve them,

I wish you would ask me how I solved them,

so that you wouldn't need me anymore,

so that you would solve them,

so that;

I would be a human

I would breathe

I would live

I would see

I would understand

myself.

I would solve my problems.

It would solve my problems.

You would set me free,

From this madness,

From this tangle.


2 comments:

  1. I think its important to remember that we all have problems and that there will always be problems in our lives right? Thats a reason to keep going, to get detanged and tangled again. The beauty and brutality of our lives. And its okay. Its all gonna be okay. Be patient with yourself. Its okay that you have issues, i have issues, and we will never get rid of our issues, but maybe one day we will have better issues. Easier issues. Sometimes i hate that i have to keep going, i have to keep trying. Every day is a constant war with my head. A war with my thoughts and a war with my problems. But lately that war has been a little less painful. I'm trying to let myself just exist and not get so mad at myself for my mistakes and my overthinking. I hope that maybe together i could make you feel understood in a way that you sometimes have made me feel understood. Together we can be human, live, breathe and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be heaven antarcticpoet...

    ReplyDelete

Min amethyststein

Du er som en amethyststein Folk tror du er bare en vanlig stein Men hvis de kan finne  det som er inn i steinen, Det som er inn i deg Det sk...