Monday, March 27, 2023

Lemon and Sugar, sour and sweet!

It is Ramadan now. I started fasting, and I am so happy. I love Ramadan. The food taste so good when I won't eat for 12 hours XD. 

The reason for my happiness can also be the memories I have for this time of the year. Or not the time of the year, because it changes every year.

For example, when I was 8, Ramadan was in the summer. I was in Turkey and the whole country was so happy. Everyone eats together in mosques, or in their houses with their families. There was free soup in mosques...

I remember traveling to Samsun, where almost all my relatives live. I just loved the spirit of being with them and fasting. (I didn't actually fast but pretended to, 'cause my mom wouldn't let me haha) 

It was hot, and everyone got very thirsty though. This is why everyone is happy for Ramadan to be in April now. In 5 years, it will be in winter. 

I remember that we would go to the bakery with my grandfather, and buy some bread and pide. I would dance and jump while going. I miss those days. 

He would buy me some ice cream, I think I can find a specific picture of it. Because I loved a specific ice cream and he would buy that one for me every time I was there. 



It tasted like lemon and sugar, sour and sweet but I loved it. Just like how i feel about this memory now, sour and sweet. 

I wish I could buy some now...

Yeah, memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Min amethyststein

Du er som en amethyststein Folk tror du er bare en vanlig stein Men hvis de kan finne  det som er inn i steinen, Det som er inn i deg Det sk...